SF70110-2 Intex sand pump - only beeps when buttons are pushed, doesn't show timer or run - please help!

Gunner2021

Mar 28, 2021
Fort Worth, TX
Surface
Vinyl
Pump suddenly stopped working!

It shows only a red dot light. If I press power, it does nothing. If I press power and lock or timer at the same time, it beeps three times. That's all it does.

Any suggestions?

I have unplugged several times, hit the test & reset button several times, I've left it unplugged and I've left it plugged it. I removed the cover, disconnected the white/4 wired set and reconnected. Still nothing :(

Attachments

• IMG_20210402_150125036.jpg
    IMG_20210402_150125036.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20210402_150159352.jpg
    IMG_20210402_150159352.jpg
    355.1 KB · Views: 15
Did you try holding the lock button until it beeps, then the controls are unlocked?

Press the time button to select time from 1-12 hours per day, or "FP" for continuous pumping. It locks and applies settings after 10 seconds, so you always need to hold the unlock button until it beeps before you can adjust the hours to run beginning at the current time.

We seem to hear about that problem a lot on the Intex pumps and have no tricks to fix it.

Reactions: hwy17
Do you still have your manual for the pump? If so, the troubleshooting section may offer some answers.

Hi

Did you manage to find a solution to this problem as our pump has just done exactly them same as you described?

kind regards

Stephen

It shows only a red dot light. If I press power, it does nothing. If I press power and lock or timer at the same time, it beeps three times. That's all it does.

Any suggestions?

I have unplugged several times, hit the test & reset button several times, I've left it unplugged and I've left it plugged it. I removed the cover, disconnected the white/4 wired set and reconnected. Still nothing :(

Any suggestions?

I found a reply on here with a bypass for the internal timer. Fixed mine today and am now running off my outdoor plug in timer.

Attachments

• 5A482CD7-555A-487C-A881-F9CA8EA8F1AA.jpeg
    5A482CD7-555A-487C-A881-F9CA8EA8F1AA.jpeg
    24.1 KB · Views: 97
  • D4185FD5-939C-4697-9A91-24BB19B587F4.jpeg
    D4185FD5-939C-4697-9A91-24BB19B587F4.jpeg
    123.8 KB · Views: 93
Reactions: Svedendeko
Same problem here today. When plugged in a single beep and the controls do nothing.
My panel doesnt respond to anything ( long presses, combinations.... )
I did get the pump to work by pressing the test button on the power cord ( turn everything off ) and then hold the green power on button on the display.
While holding the green button , press the reset button on the powercord. This turned my pump on. The controls on the display still dont work, but my pool won't turn green meanwhile.
Submitted a case to Intex , will follow up.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Same problem here today. When plugged in a single beep and the controls do nothing.
My panel doesnt respond to anything ( long presses, combinations.... )
I did get the pump to work by pressing the test button on the power cord ( turn everything off ) and then hold the green power on button on the display.
While holding the green button , press the reset button on the powercord. This turned my pump on. The controls on the display still dont work, but my pool won't turn green meanwhile.
Submitted a case to Intex , will follow up.
Thanks for this. I was having the same problem and this worked great. Going to try the rewiring thing later.

I had one of these pumps arrive from Intex DOA...I rewired to bypass the timer ( post a few back) and it's working great. I'm using automation bits, so the pump does not need a switch.

It's a pretty simple job..four screws to pop the cover, remove wires from the controller circuit board and then connect to the motor and capacitor.

This is the thread here...there are a few different pump controllers there: Intex SF80110-2 Pump/Filter Timer Bypass

I found a reply on here with a bypass for the internal timer. Fixed mine today and am now running off my outdoor plug in timer.
For anyone that is searching for an answer - we ‘tricked’ our SF7-0220-2 into working When it had the same problem. One person on the display panel, one on the power - as soon as you turn the power on hit the on/off button and hold until FP is displayed. Hope it works for you!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.