Setting up Intex 20' x 30"

Alrighty so it is a 2" line. The adapters that I ordered that amazon said would be delivered today didn't come so I ended up going to Lowe's and was able to make an adapter. I was afraid the two 1.25" inch feed lines wouldn't be enough for the pump, but it sounds just fine and WOW, does this cause a nice whirlpool. I didn't cut the hole for the return head yet as I just as the bigger return over the top and tied in place for now. I'll cut a hole in the liner tomorrow when I have day light to light things up for me.

Well the new return is in. It was actually easier than I thought to cut out the existing return opening.
9d7f46e5719ad01c57363fd912e51ef8.jpg

The pool is green b cause the pump hasn't really run since Wednesday. So rather than trying to shock it into shape, I am just draining it. Filling it takes less than a day and costs me about $20 in water.

Here's a picture of the adapter I built.

90b1d50940773ed8cdc451e96e2d20a9.jpg

Glad to hear it went well. I know I had to take a few deep breaths while installing my thru-wall skimmer.

BTW- your pool went green from a lack of maintaining proper FC, not because of lack of pump/filtering. If you had checked & dosed FC every day, and brushed twice a day to circulate the water your pool would have remained clear.

LOL, I have two large trees that overhang the pool, you wouldn't believe the stuff I skim out. In the early spring I literally remove poop from the pool as we have a group of Blackbirds that use our pool as a toilet.

Thank god for chlorine!

Well I am taking this as an opportunity to get som pavers and putting them under the legs on the one side that started sinking. The dog digs on that side so then the water splashes out and then erosion starts. So going to pick up some pavers for the legs and some stone to put around the pool so that the dog stops digging.

Well the pool is almost full again, so far no leaks on the new return head. I am a little concerned about the slight pulsing of the intake hose ever now and then. It doesn't seem like the pump is starving but it seems weird to pulse like it is

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.