Bronze Supporter
Mar 27, 2021
Pennsylvania
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello, I have an iAquaLink main panel and subpanel. Recently my pump shut off during normal operation. I checked the main panel and the service light was blinking I also checked the subpanel which had a steady service light. None of the buttons on either panel would work. I shut off all the breakers and turned them back on. The main panel went back to normal operation how ever no lights appeared in the subpanel. Everything on the main panel worked in auto mode and the subpanle no longer had light. About 15 to 20 minutes later the orginal problem occurred again. Any ideas? Thanks

Can you show a picture of the main panel and the sub pane?
There is a RESET button above the AUTO button on the AquaLink main board. You may try that if any different from the full shutoff you already performed.
A steady light on SERVICE means it is in manual mode and only can be controlled at the panel.

Hello, I have an iAquaLink main panel and subpanel. Recently my pump shut off during normal operation. I checked the main panel and the service light was blinking I also checked the subpanel which had a steady service light. None of the buttons on either panel would work. I shut off all the breakers and turned them back on. The main panel went back to normal operation how ever no lights appeared in the subpanel. Everything on the main panel worked in auto mode and the subpanle no longer had light. About 15 to 20 minutes later the orginal problem occurred again. Any ideas? Thanks
A blinking "service mode" light indicates the system is in "time-out" mode. If it is doing this randomly, first check if you have a spa-side remote button. If so, open the panel and unplug the brown 6-terminal connection and see if the problem goes away. If you don't have a spa button you most likely need a new board.

A blinking "service mode" light indicates the system is in "time-out" mode. If it is doing this randomly, first check if you have a spa-side remote button. If so, open the panel and unplug the brown 6-terminal connection and see if the problem goes away. If you don't have a spa button you most likely need a new board.
Sorry for the late reply I never received a notice I had one. I will look for that button today. I already closed the pool but I’ll at least look for the button and remove the connection if I have one. I really appreciate the response.

I have a spa mode button is that what you’re referring too? I’ve attached a photo of the panel. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_4710.jpeg
    IMG_4710.jpeg
    382.4 KB · Views: 7
I have a spa mode button is that what you’re referring too? I’ve attached a photo of the panel. Thanks
shopping

In the picture of your AquaLink panel there are 3 modes on the Left side
Auto - solid light means it is following the programe schedule
Service - solid light means it is in manual mode and button on the horizontal to right are active
Time Out - it is either off or blinking - if blinking it is active and the pump or whatever was started manually but the system will revert to the Auto Mode in 3 hrs. This is usually used by service tech, so they may have added chemicals to the pool and they want to ensure the pool circulates for 3 hrs (because they do not know what your program schedule is) so they switch on pump and set to Time Out so the pump runs for 3hrs then it reverts to the Auto mode.

Do you have an antenn connected to your AquaLink system?

The picture shown by @1poolman1 was a control system that is installed by the spa - it provides the spa user to control certain functions while in the spa without having to get out of the spa or using your phone app to control a function . Basically it is an alternative control panel positioned by the spa.

In the picture of your AquaLink panel there are 3 modes on the Left side
Auto - solid light means it is following the programe schedule
Service - solid light means it is in manual mode and button on the horizontal to right are active
Time Out - it is either off or blinking - if blinking it is active and the pump or whatever was started manually but the system will revert to the Auto Mode in 3 hrs. This is usually used by service tech, so they may have added chemicals to the pool and they want to ensure the pool circulates for 3 hrs (because they do not know what your program schedule is) so they switch on pump and set to Time Out so the pump runs for 3hrs then it reverts to the Auto mode.

Do you have an antenn connected to your AquaLink system?

The picture shown by @1poolman1 was a control system that is installed by the spa - it provides the spa user to control certain functions while in the spa without having to get out of the spa or using your phone app to control a function . Basically it is an alternative control panel positioned by the spa.
Yes I have an antenna and I control all pool functions with the Aqualink app. I’m very familiar with all functions of the equipment however this is first where my system would just randomly shut down and service light was blinking.

Thanks

Yes I have an antenna and I control all pool functions with the Aqualink app. I’m very familiar with all functions of the equipment however this is first where my system would just randomly shut down and service light was blinking.

Thanks
Was this a 1 time event or is this recurring issue?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Based on that photo you dont have an aqualink system. Thanks for your help though.
You're right, I dont have an Aqualink. What I have is 3 decades plus working on them. Perhaps, check this site.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.