Seriously? Grrrrrrr.... Flooded pool...

Wow... my water was crystal clear and spot on 2 days ago... Here are the current readings...

CH - 3.5 (I suspect the cal-hypo has not fully mixed yet) = 260 oz. of 8.25% bleach
CC - 0
pH - 7.2
CH - 75 = 630 oz. of calcium chloride
TA - 30 = 270 oz. of baking soda
CYA - A WHOPPING ZERO! = 120 oz. of stabilizer

:grrrr::grrrr::grrrr::brickwall:

Is there a priority here or can I just start dosing everything with this situation? Maybe half doses to play it safe?

I did a CYA fast track. Put 4.5 lbs in a sock, soaked it for 5 minutes and then used my hands to squeeze out all of it. Took about 15 or so minutes but it is all out in the water now. Also added 124 oz of baking soda and 25# of calcium chloride. Will check again in the morning and see where it is at. I have not had to change the filter again so I will let it run until it is clear again.

Getting closer! 0 FC drop overnight and can see 8.5' to the bottom again. :p

IMG_3370.jpg

IMG_3371.jpg

A lot of elbow grease, determination, and the knowledge you can find on this forum... you can make beat your swimming pool into submission in 2 days. :party::party::party: The info you can find here is the goods! Of course I could of had some good luck as well. :D Should be swimming soon, I'm going to let the FC drop and everything else is good to go!

Here are some shots from earlier this afternoon. Hard to get a good shot since the spa is always overflowing into the pool... From the nastiness you see above to 2 days later... Hoorah!

IMG_3378.jpg

IMG_3377.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.