Costa Rica
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi everybody. I'm halfway through the construction of my pool and this forum has been an invaluable resource so thanks to all you folks for the wisdom.

Now, I will have KrystalKrete installed and upon reading their start-up instructions it says: "Add a pre-diluted quality, testable sequestering agent to achieve 15-20 ppm (mg/l)". Couple questions:

-What do they mean by "testable"? Testable with what?
-What would be a good brand to buy and how much would it take to bring a 20k gallon pool to that concentration?

Many thanks!

Huh?? I looked up the directions myself and I can make no sense of it? Never heard of testing a sequestrant level nor a "pre-diluted" sequestrant.

Soooo... I called the company and they said they had no recommendations of a brand of sequestrant, and the only way to determine if you are putting in enough (they said "12 parts to a million" ) of the product is to take it to one of "their" sellers to have it tested.

Sounds to me like you could use any brand product you have access to in Costa Rica and I'd just go by the directions of the product label- x amount per y gallons of water in the pool.

Maddie :flower:

Huh?? I looked up the directions myself and I can make no sense of it? Never heard of testing a sequestrant level nor a "pre-diluted" sequestrant.

Soooo... I called the company and they said they had no recommendations of a brand of sequestrant, and the only way to determine if you are putting in enough (they said "12 parts to a million" ) of the product is to take it to one of "their" sellers to have it tested.

Sounds to me like you could use any brand product you have access to in Costa Rica and I'd just go by the directions of the product label- x amount per y gallons of water in the pool.

Maddie :flower:
Just for general info to anyone reading this, Jack’s Magic has a kit for testing their sequestrant level. I used it when when I first starting using their Purple Stuff. I found that the general instructions on the bottle, x amount per y gallons, turned out to be close enough so I stopped testing.

Last edited:
Reactions: YippeeSkippy
Just for general info to anyone reading this, Jack’s Magic has a kit for testing their sequestrant level. I used it when when I first starting using their Purple Stuff. I found that the general instructions on the bottle, x amount per y gallons, turned out to be close enough so I stopped testing.
Thanks Saturn! That is very helpful.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.