Semi In Ground: How todismantle equipment for winter

Redbird77

Nov 11, 2021
Oregon
I have this pool from the Pool Factory that has been installed semi in ground.

What is the best way to dismantle the generator and pool pump for storing in the winter?
Should i be looking for the water levels before dismantling this equipment?
First time doing this so not sure where even to start.
Thanks for your help!

15'x30'x52" Saltwater 5000 Oval Pool
AquaPro 190 SQ. FT. Cartridge Filter System 2-HP 2-Speed Pump 2 Year Warranty
Solaxx Saltron Retro Jet RJ Saltwater Chlorine Generator - 2 Year Warranty

Welcome to TFP! :wave: Your salt generator should have unions on each end that you can unscrew to remove it. The pump can stay outside if properly drained and protected, or depending on how it was connected possibly removed. Post some pics so we can see and be sure. The link below should help as well.

Hey redbird 👋
I too have a partially buried above ground pool & follow this guide 👇
One caveat is that you don’t want the pool water to go lower than the ground level on the outside of the pool wall as the pressure from the ground can push on the wall if there is no support from the water. You did not mention how far your pool is buried. Mine is buried at maximum height on one side so i just lower my water a few inches below the skimmer & I plug all my returns. I use a solid cover & keep it regularly pumped off throughout the off season to prevent water displacement through the skimmer.
I drain all the equipment (leave the drain holes open) & cover it all with a tarp. I store the hoses & swgs in the shed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.