Semi above ground pool drainage

mnowa28

Jul 21, 2021
New York
Hello all, I am a new member here and just wanted some input. I finally got my pool delivered (ordered May of 2021!). It is a 15x30 Aquasport 52. The pool is going in the ground about 40 inches to bring it to my deck level. My question is do i put down pea gravel and a french drain all around the pool out to daylight? Im not sure if gravel is supposed to be used for any backfill but it would only be around 6 inches all around. Thanks in advance!

Hello 👋 I’m new to group, I am having a new above in ground pool installed it’s 24ft round and replaced a 25ft round above inground. The space around the pool is about 2ft deep and 1ft from dirt to pool.

I think I should use a slurry mix to fill the gap to at least 1.5ft with the slurry then 6in of marvel chips going around. The pool already seeps up water in the center. I am adding more sand then liner. Should I be concern about groundwater build up?

Attachments

• F2513DC3-7B97-41BB-BFF2-178F31B31B64.jpeg
    F2513DC3-7B97-41BB-BFF2-178F31B31B64.jpeg
    541.2 KB · Views: 13
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.