Self build - Middle, TN 18x36

:goodjob:, we can't keep our lab "Beau" out of the pool. It's his pool and he just allows us to swim in it and keep it clean, or at least that appears to be his thinking.

got stone work all done....now doing some wood work on porch...casing in round columns and adding tounge and groove under porch
deb62b14406c91fc99e72b23d1af04ed.jpg
3e64c8e032ff9bf4b4330a8bde8f854a.jpg

been a while since I have posted...I had a project left over from the past year-I am installing light posts around pool. I previously put wire in place and now I have mounted my 4x4 posts and building the 6x6 columns

I have 4 in total....still need to stain so they match the porch columns I built
f802577fe449a99d88136198de22bb35.jpg
4d4c84605371553f8edcb3490e880cd0.jpg
ba22ce403b49ed73078b469926fea483.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Rly nice work I'm a contractor and I have to say I'm very impressed. Ur design is well thought out. I usually scour the web for pics and copy what someone has already done lol. I'm about to start my pool as soon as snow melts the kit and equip is in backyard waiting. I know the man hours involved u should be very pleased with the outcome. My queation to u is how are the lights mounted to pool. Its the Only thing I don't have yet they don't look like niche lights can u give me some info if u self installed. Thanks and great job TN

Rly nice work I'm a contractor and I have to say I'm very impressed. Ur design is well thought out. I usually scour the web for pics and copy what someone has already done lol. I'm about to start my pool as soon as snow melts the kit and equip is in backyard waiting. I know the man hours involved u should be very pleased with the outcome. My queation to u is how are the lights mounted to pool. Its the Only thing I don't have yet they don't look like niche lights can u give me some info if u self installed. Thanks and great job TN
I installed 3- 1.5" return style fittings - the lights fit into place perfect. I had to make sure that I didn't put a 90* in my pvc to close to the pool because the light housing sits in several inches.

I ordered the lights off of Amazon

I can’t speak to how impressed I am with your work. It looks amazing.

We will be having a retaining wall and pool built this spring. I am seriously debating a poured wall or a block wall that would allow for veneer. I wish we could bring retaining wall to the edge of pool for a waterfall, but it would be expensive to engineer that side of the pool to retain the load.

Anyway- can I ask what vendor/color you used for your veneer? How did you face the back side of the wall around the sitting area? We will have a similar
Area and curious if you veneered not sides, or brought up dirt against the bare block for plants. Is the circumference of the patio wide enough for the veneer to sit flat.

Thanks for sharing .

Todd Brock

18x36 vinyl liner , Hayward Sand Filter, Maxflo VS pump, Hayward VS Omni automation, Rheem 115k Heat pump, Colorlogic LED. Dolphin 400 robot. Build date: Spring 2018.

I can’t speak to how impressed I am with your work. It looks amazing.

We will be having a retaining wall and pool built this spring. I am seriously debating a poured wall or a block wall that would allow for veneer. I wish we could bring retaining wall to the edge of pool for a waterfall, but it would be expensive to engineer that side of the pool to retain the load.

Anyway- can I ask what vendor/color you used for your veneer? How did you face the back side of the wall around the sitting area? We will have a similar
Area and curious if you veneered not sides, or brought up dirt against the bare block for plants. Is the circumference of the patio wide enough for the veneer to sit flat.

Thanks for sharing .

Todd Brock

18x36 vinyl liner , Hayward Sand Filter, Maxflo VS pump, Hayward VS Omni automation, Rheem 115k Heat pump, Colorlogic LED. Dolphin 400 robot. Build date: Spring 2018.
On back side of retaining wall is bare block-I added a rubber lining and some stone for drainage and then backfilled dirt.

I will have to look up name of stone company however it is same company where we also purchased the fire place (StoneAge). They have a couple different names however is same company -they sell through Lowe's speciality department howwver there plant is nearby and we went direct to the source. I will have to look up the color and shape of stone-i have some left over.

Wow ,this is a amazing, and gorgeous! I’m thinking about adding a fire pit in our yard. I will be looking in to the fire kit you mentioned in a previous post. Thank you for sharing.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.