Selecting a Pool Pump

FrederickMD

Jan 9, 2020
Frederick, MD
I am trying to figure out which would be the most energy efficient pump. We were steered towards the 1.5 HP Hayward Super Pump for a 25,000 gallon saltwater pool with 1.5" sand filter. Noticed it was not energy star rated and another poster told me we should not consider a single speed pump. After talking with Hayward, they recommended the Tristar VSP 900 (model sp32900vsp), which is 1.85 HP. It's about $800 after $500 in energy rebates. The Super Pump is $300. Goal is to save $ long term. Not sure how much life I should expect on a pump and the amount of savings between the two.

Any thoughts on which I should pick? The pump will be about 25 to 30 feet away from the main drain. Thanks!

OK - you want a VS pump. Sounds like you are going to have a Hayward automation system so get one of their VS pumps. No spa so the smaller version will work fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.