LifeTime Supporter
Jun 1, 2011
Northern Maryland (near Delaware)
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
My pool is 12-13 years old and is 15x30, I think it was Buster Crabbe model (Store out of business). I saw a little rust spot on the side and when I touched it there is like seepage. We had lots of rain but I am a little concerned. I am talking just a drop. The liner was an upgraded little thicker liner that is beaded. Just not sure how the galvanized could be permeated like that unless it had been corroding between liner and wall for a while. I am not losing water. At least I wasn’t until I touched the spot. Lol
Should I try leak test or hire someone. The spot is low on wall?

Get down there in that area with some good goggles 🥽 & see if you can find a hole/holes to patch.
Maybe take some food coloring down there with you. The details are in the article below.
Rust gets bumpy & pokey this can eventually puncture the liner.

Reactions: woodyp
Yes there are wrinkles. It was installed by an installer originally. These spots just showed recently. It is just like seepage. I cannot get in pool due to issues. I will se if I can get someone to do leak test. Is there a possibility the wall is compromised? I am just afraid of what lies below. Debating if I should hire someone to check wall?IMG_0445.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
The only way to know for sure is to drain & pull the liner back to survey the severity.
this will mean a new liner & either repair the damage (if isolated to the one spot) or get a new pool (if wide spread).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.