ArchaeoChick

Jul 28, 2022
Austin, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
About a month ago, we noticed splotchy orange stains on our new pool’s lueder coping stone. The only thing I can think of that could have caused it was my husband often leaving pool cleaning tools (a long aluminum pole, nylon bristle brush, and net w/ plastic hoop) on the stones, and a tool somehow stained the stone.

The orange color makes me think it’s likely rust, but I can’t think of any components of the cleaning tools that have iron/would produce rust staining. Scrubbing the stain with Dawn dish soap (my usual go-to for testing stain removal) did nothing.

Does anyone have advice on how to remove this staining or what may have caused it? I feel so upset with myself that we spent a ton of money on a beautiful pool and already have ugly stains because of our own carelessness.

Attachments

• IMG_4347.jpeg
    IMG_4347.jpeg
    651.8 KB · Views: 8
If it is iron (rust), take a bunch of vitamin C pills in a sock, crush them up, then using water, rub the sock on the stains. If they are rust, they will lift in 3-5 minutes. Rub and keep a bit of water flowing...

If it is iron (rust), take a bunch of vitamin C pills in a sock, crush them up, then using water, rub the sock on the stains. If they are rust, they will lift in 3-5 minutes. Rub and keep a bit of water flowing...
I’ll give it a try! Are you referring to something like chewable vitamin C tablets I can get at a pharmacy? Or any specific product/brand?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.