Seek Design Advice: Flooring

DAB942

Gold Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Space Coast, FL
I figured any input from anywhere will help us make a decision.

We have about 1/3,1/3,1/3 tile, wood and carpet.

We are going with a rigid core laminate type throughout the house -- wood in florida can and has been a real pain -- Except, we completely remodeled the master bathroom a few years ago with tile. My wife does not want to tear it up, which is fine with me since it cost a bazillion dollars.

Or dilemma is do we keep tile in the other bathrooms, or have this in those areas as well, leaving on the master bath tile. We will do the pool bathroom as it's in the common area. I'm not sure about the kids' bathrooms.

Thoughts? I've been waffling.

Reactions: BMK
Leave the tile in the Master bathroom. A good installer can make a smooth transition from the tile to the other floor. I would even think about leaving the tile in all of the other bathrooms as well if they still look good.

Kim:kim:

Leave the tile in the Master bathroom. A good installer can make a smooth transition from the tile to the other floor. I would even think about leaving the tile in all of the other bathrooms as well if they still look good.

Kim:kim:
The tile in the boys' bathrooms are builder's grade grey 8" tile. It needs to be something else. The pool bathroom, we will do in the new flooring. My dilemma is having the whole house the new flooring and only the master bath different. The more I type and talk about it, the less of an issue it seems -- especially with a split plan.

I installed our own LVP (Luxury Vinyl Plank) throughout own house. The hardest part was getting the tile up. We rented a big machine from Home Depot that I just couldn't use. I ended up buying a $200 drill that I could put a flat chisel on, and it pulled up the existing tile so much easier. The downside was that there was dust everywhere. This is the plank we went with from Floor & decor. I wasn't that great putting it down to start (and it shows) but I got pretty good halfway through. Cutting it is hard because there is a stone core it in. I had to buy a circular saw and that did the trick. Doorways were a pain but I got another battery saw that could cut under the door frame. The picture has my latest pool vacuum!107892

I installed our own LVP (Luxury Vinyl Plank) throughout own house. The hardest part was getting the tile up. We rented a big machine from Home Depot that I just couldn't use. I ended up buying a $200 drill that I could put a flat chisel on, and it pulled up the existing tile so much easier. The downside was that there was dust everywhere. This is the plank we went with from Floor & decor. I wasn't that great putting it down to start (and it shows) but I got pretty good halfway through. Cutting it is hard because there is a stone core it in. I had to buy a circular saw and that did the trick. Doorways were a pain but I got another battery saw that could cut under the door frame. The picture has my latest pool vacuum!View attachment 107892
Looks great. I was "thinking" about doing it myself -- but... I would probably take six months. It's best for everyone in the house if someone else does it. ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.