Searching for filters

If you have a bypass, it'll be a piece of pipe with a valve between the inlet and outlet of the heater, and the filter they're talking about is the main pool filter.

If the temperature high limits are bad, the only recourse is to replace them.

How did you determine that the high limits are bad?

Actually only one is bad (open on an ohm meter) but I figured I should probably replace both and I also feel like something else had to have caused it. I service furnaces pretty often and on them bad high limits/ flame roll outs/ etc are usually a symptom of another problem.

As to your original question of checking the bypass and cleaning the filters I would have to assume they're talking about the pool filter not a filter in the heater, never heard of one except on high dollar efficient ones. As to the bypass, the Lxi has a bypass in the in/out header. Threads in and can be unscrewed and checked for integrity, please google a video to know what your looking for as it has an adjustment screw that you don't want to move w/o the proper temp rise kit. If you have a limit out and the heater is off it needs replacement. They do wear out and if the Lxi is anything like the LT/LX its totally normal. In the LT/LX the limits sit in a well against a brass screw and were prone to scale build-up by electrolysis or reaction to different metals touching with water involved.

GL!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.