Sealing the Skimmer

dbryda

Aug 23, 2018
Cumberland
Hello,
I am closing my pool in a few weeks and was looking for some feedback on how to better seal this, as the polymeric sand erroded a bit with kids splashing. Would an elastomeric caulk work (ie. SikaFlex)? Thank you

20180903_091336.jpg

Hello,
I am closing my pool in a few weeks and was looking for some feedback on how to better seal this, as the polymeric sand erroded a bit with kids splashing. Would an elastomeric caulk work (ie. SikaFlex)? Thank you

View attachment 85963

Was that professionally installed?

if it was me I would chip some more out and just pour that square with concrete. You can get dye/powder to stain the concrete to the color of the decking.

I've never used sikaflex, but it appears very interesting for many uses, and might work here.

The website (Sikaflex Self-Leveling Sealant | SIKA) says the maximum gap is 2". It will, however, not match the color of your pavers based on the video on their site.

I don't see a downside to trying it, other than the fact that it might look funny.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.