Screenlogic Wireless Slowing WIFI

Slytrix

Jan 13, 2022
Temecula, CA
Hey all,
New pool owner and am having an issue with my Pentair Screenlogic Wireless killing my WIFI. The system works as intended to turn on lights, bubblers, heater etc on the pool but when I hook it up my router the house WIFI is so weak it is almost useless for browsing on cell phones. What gives? Anybody have any suggestions?

The Screenlogic and protocol adapter are in a separate room from my router through a switch in my smart hub. I first tried hooking directly to the router and had the same issue.

Sly,

I have no idea... Maybe some kind of interference, but ScreenLogic does not transmit WiFi.. The wireless links work like the old wireless phones used to.

Sorry I can't be of any help on this one,

Jim R.

Reactions: Slytrix
How do you know it is weak WiFi and not a packet loop on your “smart network”?

List all the equipment on your network and your network topology.

As Jim said Screenlogic uses 900 mhz to communicate wirelessly and is unlikely to be the direct cause.

Sly,

You have to have ScreenLogic connected to your home network to have any kind of control from your PC or phone. Your phone can use WiFi or the phone line itself.

Somehow the control inputs or outputs need to get to your PC, Phone or Tablet.. To do that ScreenLogic has to be connected to your home network by an Ethernet cable.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Just chiming in to say I'm having the same issue! I have an eero 6 mesh system and the pentair is the only thing plugged into my ethernet port on my main router. When I plug it in, it cuts my WiFi speed in half, or worse... After 45m on the phone with eero we just discovered it's the Pentair that kills the wifi speed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.