ScreenLogic question

SteveK52

Bronze Supporter
Mar 11, 2019
Taylors South Carolina
I have created a function called Swim-Out which increase the pump flow to provide the massaging affect through the jets. It appears that I cannot just start that function without stopping the regular pool function which runs 12 hrs a day. I would like to be able to use ScreenLogic to turn on the Swim_Out function for a programmed time such as 15 minutes and then have the regular pool flow resume. I'm assuming I can use the egg timer to create the 15 minute run time but not sure how to stop and start the normal pump flow.

Steve,

Just so that we are both on the same page... You cannot create a "Function" in an EasyTouch, they are preprogrammed.. I suspect what you created was a "Circuit" which you want to increase your pump speed..

I see no reason to have to shut off the Pool mode of operation to do what you want..

Let's say that you are in the Pool mode and the pump is running at 1500 RPM and for your "Swim-Out" circuit, you want the pump to increase speed to 2500 RPM.

Then all you need to do is assign 2500 to the Swim-Out Circuit.. If you look at the example below, you can see that when the Waterfall turns on the pump will run at 2800 RPM.

What Circuit did you name Swim-Out??

If this does not make sense, please post your Circuits set up page like the one below and your pump speed page like the one above.

View media item 1964
Keep in mind that you can tell the pump to run at 1000 RPM and 2000 RPM at the same time, but the pump will always run at the faster speed..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Steve,

Your programming looks OK to me.. As an example this is how it should work...

Pool is scheduled to run 7 am until 7 pm at 28 GPM (Not sure what RPM this would be???) At say 10 am, you select the swim-out feature.. The pump should ramp up to 2730 RPM until you turn off the swim-out feature.. which will cause the pump to return to 28 GPM. This "assumes" that 28 GPM is slower that 2730 RPM..

You could set up an egg timer for the Swim-out feature for say 30 minutes so that the feature would shut off after 30 minutes..

If this is not working for you... I would set the pool speed to 1800 RPM as a test to see what happens.

It just seems to me that 28 GPM is awful fast for normal operation.. :scratch: My theory is that the "Pool" circuit speed should be set to just make the SWCG's flow switch come on plus 100 RPM.. In my case this is about 1200 RPM, so that is my base speed. Faster does not make anything work better.. If you have a heater or complex plumbing you might have to run at 1500 to 1800 to get the flow switch to close.. Anytime I want the pump to run faster, I use a feature circuit..

Not sure it applies in your case, but you can only have a maximum of 12 schedules and this includes any egg-timers not at the default of 12 hours.. I say this because ScreenLogic will let you enter 100 schedules without any warnings that 88 of them will not work.. :mrgreen:

Please let me know if you can't get it working....

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jim,
Thanks again for taking the time. I am using the 28 GPM based on circulating the pool water once in the 12 hour period that I have the pump running. I think I read that it was recommended to circulate all the pool water once in a 24 hour period. If that's not correct please let me know and I will reduce and save some money and wear and tear.
Regarding the Swim-Out feature, I was planning on just being able to pick on the feature in ScreenLogic and have it run for the amount of time I have set in the egg timer and not actually have to set up a schedule. So if we were by the pool and wanted to have the Swim-Out feature on I would just go to the app on my phone and pick on the feature.
Steve

I am using the 28 GPM based on circulating the pool water once in the 12 hour period that I have the pump running. I think I read that it was recommended to circulate all the pool water once in a 24 hour period.
That is called 'Turnover' and is a myth. Only reasons to run your pump are to create your chlorine and skim the surface of debris. Chemistry keeps your water clean, the filter captures stuff that falls into the pool.

Steve,

You would not schedule the Swim-Out, only the Pool circuit... If the pool pump is running, then selecting Swim-Out should cause the pump to increase in speed.

1300 sounds great.. I would have guessed that 28 GPM was a lot more RPM than that..

Select Swim-out when the pump is schedule to run and see what happens... So... I just thought of something, but not sure if it is true or not.. You can be our guinea pig.. :mrgreen:

If the pump is running at a fixed GPM, then maybe you can't change the RPM.. So try this.. Change Pool GPM to 1300 RPM or Change Swim-out to say 40 GPM.. and see if it works then.. The idea being to use either GPM or RPM, but not a mix..

Let us know..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.