ScreenLogic Question

Jul 2, 2010
Virginia
Hello. Can I use a RS485 to RJ45 converter-adapter instead of purchasing the expensive Pentair protocol adapter for my EasyTouch remote conversion? I am hardwired between the panel and the router location. I have the ScreenLogic2 software.

P,

No you cannot.. The Protocol adapter is what makes ScreenLogic work... It is an interface between the EasyTouch and the controlling device.. It is not just a protocol converter.. It contains operating F/W..

I had my system hard wired and when my nextdoor neighbor took a direct lightning strike, it took out half of my in-house network, the main EasyTouch board, and the protocol adapter.. I use the wireless links now... I've seen about 6 other reports of the same issue.. Hard wire at your own risk..

Your best option is to fork out the $400 bucks and get the kit P/N 522104.. Now that I have used ScreenLogic, I would pay twice that if I had too.. :)

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thank you for the quick reply. I have read many reports about failures of the Pentair protocol adapter as early as 18 months and was just looking at alternatives. Good advice going wireless because certainly the pool panel being outside is vulnerable.

P,

My original adapter was about 2.5 years old when it got taken out by the lightning strike... the current one is about 2.5 years old now.. Pentair replaced everything under warranty..

Other than the lighting strike, I have had zero problems with the adapter... I would not read too much into reviews, as most are provided by users who have no clue what they are doing... :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.