Screenlogic protocol adapter direct to Easytouch load center

Jun 21, 2017
Columbus, OH
We are getting our electrical work done now, and I had a question regarding the Screenlogic protocol adapter. Can I just wire it direct from the protocol adapter to the Easytouch load center? My network switch and router are in the basement and that's where I planned on having the screenlogic protocol adapter. I am concerned if I was relying on wireless that it might not communicate very well with the outdoor wireless transceiver given the 50-60' distance and the fact that the indoor transceiver is going to be on the basement wall. I was just hoping to bring a 22 AWG 4 conducter wire from the screen logic to the easytouch panel. The protocol adapter will be in my network and so I am hoping that I will be able to utilize the ios app for controls.

We will have wifi out by the pool as I'm bring a Cat6 cable over from the planned pavilion location to my patch panel / network switch. I'll install an access point in the pavilion.

It seems reasonable to me. Thanks for any advice.
Bobby

Bobby,

That is exactly how mine is wired... Our computers and network connections are in a sunroom with the ET just on the other side of the wall. Made sense and works great..

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

My ET controller is only about 15 feet from my Protocol Adapter. However, a bedroom wall is in the way of a direct wire connection. So I got the wireless kit which was only 10 bucks more when bundled with the ScreenLogic from Sunplay. Works great, but if you can wire direct that is always a better choice than wireless. Less stuff to go wrong.

Pentair suggests that you only connect the ScreenLogic to the router directly and not go through a switch or a bridge. These may cause communication problems with the S/L brick.

Connecting as you suggest, hard wired directly to the network, is the preferred connection, followed by the wireless option.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.