Apr 13, 2018
Houston, TX
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Texas is a mess right now, so this is a real first world problem. My EasyTouch panel has lost connection with Screenlogic after power outage due to the Texas winter apocalypse. Our power was only out about 12 hours continuously, and ScreenLogic was connecting fine prior to that. I've read several related threads here, so this is the summary of my situation:
  • Intelleflo pump is functional and indicates "display not active" ...which I infer means the com port is functional
  • established schedules are working.
  • Outside transmitter has a solid power light, and the middle led is flashing slowly
  • inside transmitter power light is flashing quickly (which I think means looking for connection) and middle/right lights are flashing dimly.
  • red led on the bottom of the protocol adapter is lit. I have reset, including unplugging power to inside transmitter.
  • iOS apps connect to the system but show blank readings.
  • I am running macOS Big Sur, so recently installed PlayOnMac (thanks forum) to run ScreenLogic Connect. it opens, but also shows blank; when I attempt to run Configure ScreenLogic, it opens the main window indicating it is trying to connect; there is a yellow slow flashing "light" in the bottom left of the screen.
There's the status. I'm searching for any other troubleshooting hints that I may have missed. What's puzzling to me is that the system was working fine during the coldest temperatures, and even after one of the shorter rolling blackouts.

Pool is 3 years old, and ScreenLogic has performed just fine the whole time. original PB will be of no help so this is likely a call to Pentair I guess?

appreciate any input! thanks.

Well, I usually don't answer my own posts, but in this case, this was a remarkably easy fix. I called Pentair support to see what they had to say. surprisingly, my hold time was about 10 seconds. I explained the issue and the rep asked me to look at the inside transmitter. He said the quickly flashing power light indicted the inside transmitter was trying to connect to the outside but there was some interference. (I'll comment at this point that my prior reading on this forum also indicated that, but I was puzzled because the transmitter is mounted on the wall, inside a closet with all my other network gear, and has been working fine for three years!).

The rep said my next course of action was to move the transmitter away from that location so that it could re-establish connection. I got off the call, and was fairly puzzled at my options because the network cable, power cable and 4-strand connecting the transmitter and protocol adapter were all pretty short. there was not much leeway to relocate the transmitter. I then remembered that I had recently installed a new switch, and that I had an unused network jack in a spare bedroom. I lit up the jack, moved the equipment into the bedroom and it reconnected to the outdoor unit in about 30 seconds!

once I reestablished connection I took the gear back into the original closet location (spouse was not going to enjoy the gear on the guest bedroom dresser). I plugged it all back in with a longer ethernet cable, waved the transmitter around a bit and it reconnected. I then mounted the transmitter in the exact same location has it had been its working like a charm!

I'm still puzzled by this, but I'm happy with the results. Hope you all stay warm and dry....

Dude, I have EXACTLY the same problem as you since snowpocalypse here in Frisco. Going to try this right now. Determined my PA is working fine by hooking it up to the inside control wires to test, but hoping your fix works for me. I power cycled the receiver a bunch of times, but with no luck. Going to try to move mine now and see if it helps. Thanks again!

Dude, I have EXACTLY the same problem as you since snowpocalypse here in Frisco. Going to try this right now. Determined my PA is working fine by hooking it up to the inside control wires to test, but hoping your fix works for me. I power cycled the receiver a bunch of times, but with no luck. Going to try to move mine now and see if it helps. Thanks again!
Unfortunately, not as lucky. Unplugged, placed just on the inside wall where the antenna is and plugged back in, same thing...flashing power no tx/rx. Even swapped 4 conductor cable on outside to the antenna with no luck.

Thanks TXTroutBum for the fix. I had a similar problem and talked to Pentair which advised after multiple tests to replace the protocol adapter. Local pool supply said it was 3-4 months out to order one and suggest surfing web for one. They range from $250 used to $500+ for an entire kit. After reading your post --as I did not mention to Pentair that I had just replace a router and switch-- I moved the adapter and transmitter away from the new switch as far as the cable would reach and immediately got a connection on my phone via the remote. However for some reason still getting a failed connection on the hardwired PC (windows 10). anyway i can now control the pool until I figure out what is up with the PC.

Well, I usually don't answer my own posts, but in this case, this was a remarkably easy fix. I called Pentair support to see what they had to say. surprisingly, my hold time was about 10 seconds. I explained the issue and the rep asked me to look at the inside transmitter. He said the quickly flashing power light indicted the inside transmitter was trying to connect to the outside but there was some interference. (I'll comment at this point that my prior reading on this forum also indicated that, but I was puzzled because the transmitter is mounted on the wall, inside a closet with all my other network gear, and has been working fine for three years!).

The rep said my next course of action was to move the transmitter away from that location so that it could re-establish connection. I got off the call, and was fairly puzzled at my options because the network cable, power cable and 4-strand connecting the transmitter and protocol adapter were all pretty short. there was not much leeway to relocate the transmitter. I then remembered that I had recently installed a new switch, and that I had an unused network jack in a spare bedroom. I lit up the jack, moved the equipment into the bedroom and it reconnected to the outdoor unit in about 30 seconds!

once I reestablished connection I took the gear back into the original closet location (spouse was not going to enjoy the gear on the guest bedroom dresser). I plugged it all back in with a longer ethernet cable, waved the transmitter around a bit and it reconnected. I then mounted the transmitter in the exact same location has it had been its working like a charm!

I'm still puzzled by this, but I'm happy with the results. Hope you all stay warm and dry....
After 2 days of restarting wifi and resetting the device, this worked! Thank you!! I still have a waiting for wi-fi issue from my phone, but I can connect from my iPad or remotely from my phone.

Reactions: txtroutbum
I had the same issue and with the info above here's what fixed my connection. I unplugged the square metal box from the switch, unplugged the power to the pentair wifi device. I was too lazy to get a longer cord so I moved the equipment about 4 feet (as long as the cord would let me) plugged the metal box into a different port on the switch and powered up the pentair wifi device just to check. And... it worked!

Reactions: blupblup
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.