Screenlogic - How to create/assign a "Feature"

Yorker

Silver Supporter
Apr 22, 2017
Cathedral City, CA
A few years ago I set-up or assigned certain functions as Features. Pump 3000rpm, Spa Jets 2, Deck Jets, Light-Spa, Light-Step, Lights-Pool.

Recently, the Lights-Pool disappeared from my iPhone, though I still see it on my iPad. I'm unable to see how to add it back on my iPhone Screenlogic app.

I thought that maybe it had to be done through the Screenlogic Connect on my MacBook Pro (running OS 10.15.7).

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
York

York,

I always use my PC to program things as it is so much easier...

To use your phone, you need ScreenLogic for controlling things but you also need ScreenLogic Config to set up things like circuits. For Android phones it is called SLConfig.. I assume the same is true for iPhones..

That said, if the Feature circuit is there and works on your iPad, it does not make sense why it does not work on your phone. The programs are stored in the EasyTouch and not on the phone. :scratch: I'd suggest that you reload the ScreenLogic app to your phone.

Thanks,

Jim R.

... if the Feature circuit is there and works on your iPad, it does not make sense why it does not work on your phone. The programs are stored in the EasyTouch and not on the phone. :scratch: I'd suggest that you reload the ScreenLogic app to your phone.
Thanks, Jim R.

Thanks for the suggestion Jim. I did delete the app on my iPhone and re-download it, but alas the Light-Pool Feature still does not show up on either of our iPhones, but does show up on my iPad. (I did not re-install the app on the iPad).

So I’m wondering, how I might create a new feature. Can I do that from my ipad? I did install the ScreenLogic Config app on my iPad, though it seems that I have to start from scratch because I don’t see how to get it to recognize my current setup.

A bit of history on what took place earlier yesterday:
An installer came out to replace a defective GloBrite White light (second time in three years). I have two installed in the pool area) Unfortunately, the installer brought a Color GloBrite, but did not realize it until after he cut the excess wire and already installed it (I assume a fairly costly mistake). He went into the panel and edited the feature so it would only show white and said it would be fine and that I would still have the capability to use the dimming feature.

NOT true. when it got dark, I saw that the color of the white (kelvin) was a cold white and the other pool light is much warmer. I then tried the dimming feature and instead of dimming it started changing colors. Something I really don’t care for.

Attachments

• Missing Feature.jpg
    Missing Feature.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 7
  • ScreenLogic Config.jpg
    ScreenLogic Config.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 8
York,

Thinking about this again, you can't control a light using a Feature circuit.. It has to be an Aux circuit with a relay..

I assume that both your pool lights normally come on at the same time.. This means that both lights are connected to the same relay.

What aux circuit normally turns on your two pool lights? What is that Circuit "Name" and what is the Circuit "Function".

I am not going to be any help with the dimming..

Pentair sys.. " Note: Only GloBrite white lights have two dimming levels. GloBrite color lights cannot be dimmed. "

I'd call the installer back out and explain the problem and have him fix it right..

Sorry,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.