ScreenLogic Clock

ahallmark

May 12, 2019
Annapolis Maryland
I have a ScreenLogic system that works just fine from my phone. And I just reset all of the schedules for it. I ran out of spots to include my pentair pump, so I just have it programmed on the pump itself. It works just fine. However, I can't seem to get my schedules working on a clock that I trust. For example, the lights should come on each evening for two hours. They do not. My cleaner should run from such and such to such and such time and it does not. Again, I can turn them all on manually from my phone and I just updated the brick to the latest firmware. No problem. But I am having periodic connectivity problems as well. I am wondering if I don't need to hardwire rather than using the rf option.

Open to suggestions. Thanks.

I have two apps on my android. One is ScreenLogic, and the other is SLconfig. Not sure if you have apple or android..

On the connection screen of both there is a little wrench icon in the Blue upper area where the PENTAIR logo resides. if you click on the wrench it has a setting to enable time synchronization and I think this sets the easytouch based on your phone.

ScreenLogic has a companion App called SLconfig, and under General Settings there is a "clock and temp" section that can bring up the time, allow it to be set there manually.

I'm confused about your comment where you ran out of spots to include your pump. Perhaps you can provide more details.

Also, if you have a PC or Mac, there is an app for that runs there. I find the PC version does scheduling a little bit easier.

Mark,

Do you have a full up EasyTouch, or do you have a "lite" version of the EasyTouch.. Like a PL4 or PSl4 with no load center???

Do you have the IntelliFlo pump? I find that fact that you are not controlling the pump's speed with ScreenLogic a mind boggler too...

I used to have my ScreenLogic hard wired until my neighbor took a lightning strike and it took out my EasyTouch, the Protocol adapter, and everything attached to that router.. I use the wireless link now and have had zero problems with it.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Dan,
I had no idea there was an SLconfig app. Thanks so much for that knowledge tidbit. Fixed the clock there.

As for the pump. I was told that my board outside could only support so many spots. I have a waterfall, lights, separate spa, heater etc... So they said there was no room for my pump. But recently a Pentair person said I could just double up the connections from my pump into the existing comms port. I will probably just call Pentair on this. They are good about walking you through stuff. Again, many thanks on the clock.

Last question. Are using the wireless system or are you running cable out to your pool to ensure connectivity and have you heard thoughts about what works best?

Andy

Reactions: Frank1026
Jim R. is the resident easytouch / screenlogic expert here so if he says otherwise, believe him.

I'm using the wireless protocol adapter and have had no issues.

But yes, wire the intelliflo to the comms port. You can wire it and the screen logic wireless to the same lugs. Just be careful not to bung up the connector screws.

Dan

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.