Screen Logic

Apr 10, 2012
HI all, I need help installing my Pentair Screen Logic, The instructions that came with the kit are confusing (might just be me). My understanding is, I connect the Screenlogic interface protocol adapter to my modem (Motorola Cable modem plus AC1900 Router) using CAT5 cable. Then connect the Interface protocol adapter to the interface wireless link using the 4 color cable. Connect the outside wireless transceiver to the easy touch using the 20ft 4 color cable. My questions are are the sequence of the steps important? How do I set up to use? There was no CD supplied.

Thanks!

Just power down everything (breakers off) and the order won't matter. DO NOT mess with those four wires while the ET is powered up. Apply power to the Adaptor and wireless second to last, then turn the ET back on. You download the latest ScreenLogic software to your computer, from the Pentair website. And the app to your phone/pad from the App Store. Then you input the code stamped on the Adapter into the software and app, and bob's-yer-uncle.

If you can hardwire from Adapter to ET (using the four wires), you can eliminate the two wireless components. That's how I did it, and sold the wireless back to the pool guy. The wireless does afford you some lightning protection (between pool pad and router), if that is a concern where you live.

Stay safe with the hurricane coming your way. Since you are in the south like me, Houston area, we can get some pretty big lighting storms. I would go wireless all the way. There have been threads about lightning strikes traveling up the hard wire and taking out the router and other electronics.

Reactions: Dirk
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.