Here is my equipment

16x32 - 7ft deep end
Pentair intelliflo 2 VST
Pentair Master Temp 400
Intellichlor
Pentair intelli bright LED
Pentair Cartridge Filer
EasyTouch

so I been reading and everyone has diffent schedule on when to leave their pump running and etc. I’m finding it’s all over the place, I’m trying to figure out what is the best schedule to keep my pool clean and don’t go overboard with electric bill

is it ok or better for me to leave the my system running 24/7 at lower speeds or have a variate? On certain days, times and etc. I saw somethings about water turning and cycle

if I can get some opinions that would be great

p,

The reason that you see so many different schedules is because it is based upon what you think works for your pool...

Like you, I have a SWCG and I like to generate a little chlorine over a longer period. So, I run my pump 24/7 at 1200 RPM most of the time. But other people what to run their pumps for as short a period of time as possible, so they set their SWCG at 100% and only run their pumps for a couple of hours a day..

It is just a personal choice and everyone gets to decide what works best for them... Below is the main reason to run your pump...

You generally run a pump for three reasons:

1. To keep surface debris moving and being pushed into the skimmers. The more debris the more often you need to run the pump.

2. If you have a Salt Water Chlorine Generator (SWCG) you'll need to run it long enough to generate the amount of chlorine needed.

3. To circulate the water to ensure the chlorine is effectively distributed throughout the pool. Two or three hours per day is all that is needed for this to happen in most pools.

Play with it.. Try different schedules and see what works best for you...

I see you have an EasyTouch... if you don't have ScreenLogic2 you should get it.. It makes scheduling and programming the ET about 10 x easier...

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

p,

I run my system at 1200 rpm because that is about 100 rpm faster than what it takes to just close my SWCG's flow switch... I suspect because you have a heater your low speed will have to be faster than 1200. But the only way to know is to keep reducing the pump speed until the flow switch shuts off, and then slowly increase until the flow switch just turns on... Then add 100 rpm and that will be the slowest you ever want to run... It does not make sense to run your pump unless you are making chlorine.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jim,

I was thinking of having 3 auto modes

1-Running 24/7 at low rpms, setting heater to 80degreegs. I want the pump to only ramp up when heater is turned on)also make sure heater isnt runnign when im sleeping), leave SCWG at 5
2-Have another auto setting for Parties(in the event there is a lot of people in the pool (turn up pump and SWCG)
3- and im not sure.. lol

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.