What length of time at night is acceptable to test for OCLT. I was up late and checked at 1:30 in the morning. I'm up now at 7:45 and have lost 1 & 1/2 ppm of FC last night and am not sure if I should change my sand yet or go another day. It has been 2 days like this.

What length of time is acceptable to test for OCLT. I was up late last night checking at 1:30am. This morning at 8 (no sun yet on the pool) and my FC dropped 1 & 1/2 ppm. my CC is 1.4. Should I change media now or try again tomorrow.

I changed my sand and kept the FC up Sunday and Monday CC 1 on Sunday then .4 yesterday. This morning my FC is 9 and my CC is .4 again. I am going to let the FC drop and learn how to take care of a chlorine pool. Thanks to everyone for your help during my conversion. I appreciate it. It greatly helped. If my pool goes green again after going to normal chlorine levels, I may be back. In the meantime, Happy Summer

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.