Sanity check re. Aquabright pricing

RubiconValley

Gold Supporter
Oct 1, 2020
Portola Valley, CA
I’ve read all the posts about AquaBright versus Plaster versus Pebble and am convinced AquaBright is the bee’s knees. I’m hoping for a sanity check re. cost though, and would love members’ sense of whether this looks reasonable for a 82’x12’ pool? For what it’s worth, I’m in Silicon Valley. And this pool is waiting on a permit to be built =p
Plaster = $13,500
Aquabright = $32,000
Mini pebble = $22, 500

From what I understand they will be plastering the pool then installing the Aquabright over the plaster... most of the time Aquabright is used as a refinish after the plaster looks mottled but before it has gone bad and needs replaced...

so basically the Aquabright is only about 18,000 with the plaster being the other 14,000

From what I understand they will be plastering the pool then installing the Aquabright over the plaster... most of the time Aquabright is used as a refinish after the plaster looks mottled but before it has gone bad and needs replaced...

so basically the Aquabright is only about 18,000 with the plaster being the other 14,000
Absolutely. I'm building a pool from scratch, so unfortunately need to factor in the cost of the plaster if I want to use the Aquabright. The question is: Is the Aquabright worth paying $10K more than the mini pebble?

Here's what a company told us about the Aquabright. Since it is so expensive to do it all from scratch, they suggested getting pebble, living with it for a few years and then adding the other over it. That way you aren't paying for it all at once and if you don't mind the pebble then keep it as long as you can. But if you find you really don't like the pebble you can Aquabright over it.

Reactions: RubiconValley
Here's what a company told us about the Aquabright. Since it is so expensive to do it all from scratch, they suggested getting pebble, living with it for a few years and then adding the other over it. That way you aren't paying for it all at once and if you don't mind the pebble then keep it as long as you can. But if you find you really don't like the pebble you can Aquabright over it.
That's not a bad path to consider, thank you!

Reactions: Nikilyn

Note sure how that would go with levels. How to match it seamlessly with your water line tile etc. we just had our pool finished in what we call pebblecrete, it’s a mix of cement and 2-3mm pebbles. Very happy with it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.