Sand, slime in auto-leveler area

Arizoniann

Jan 16, 2016
Gilbert, AZ
09ef1aef6a9a06a5298063d7876f7667.jpg

I am currently SLAMming my pool as FC got to zero, busy week and it just got away from me. But regardless of SLAM, the water where the leveler is always has sand at the bottom of it and there is a little bit of slime/scum on the surface right there. It bothers me because that water goes into my pool. Is it just the way it is? Or should that area be just as clean as the pool?

With evaporation getting less your auto filler is most likely not flushing out very quickly. The sand is not an issue. The scum is from the stagnant water. Pour some bleach in the auto fill and flush with a hose. Not a bad idea to flush with a hose every week or so. Or take a bucket of pool water and pour into the auto fill well.

Thanks for posting.

Take care.

Get a rubber plug and plug up the bottom hole. Turn off the auto fill at the source spigot. Get a shopvac and suck out all the water. Scrub the auto fill pot clean. Pull the plug. Turn the auto fill source back on.

All in all, should be a 20min project to clean it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.