sand filter problems

griz07

Apr 22, 2017
buena vista va
Not my first pool but first sand filter system ( Swimline Hydrotools #71225) completed the pool install couple weeks and having problems with the filter system...
1 after only about 6 hours running it loses all pressure....have to backwash to get it going again
2 highest the pressure gauge has every read is about 2#
3 water gets dirtier when pump is running !!! looks like it puts "stringie brown hair" into the pool

Pool is a 18x52 AGP.........Water is ok by testing but still playing with it as the weather has been nuts----was filled with "city" water
Last pool I had was a 24x48 AGP with cartridge filter and never had a problem with that-----I put that pool up in 1985 and its still in use today !
Keep thinking prolly something stupid.....rechecked everything...proper filter sand.....hoses connected correctly
My only thought is the label on the top of the filter that shows FILTER---RINSE--BACKWASH is wrong......Swimline has been no help
Weather is heating up & I want this thing RIGHT !
HELP !

1 after only about 6 hours running it loses all pressure....have to backwash to get it going again
That is a water chemistry problem and not a filter problem. The filter is catching all the debris in the water and clogging up.

You must solve that first. Can you post a pic of the pool? Can you post current test results.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.