Austin Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
I read sand filter use & care article and searched for existing threads on this. The closest thread matching my situation is this but unfortunately it didn't conclude.

The leak seem to be coming from the center of the MPV just below the stem of the handle. I presume, I need to either lube the existing O-ring/spider gasket/washer or replace them? I haven't done this before but saw some YouTube videos, seems doable but real problem putting them back together properly otherwise worsening further leaks.

Need valuable suggestions:
1. Any do's & don'ts, gotcha tips from TFP?
2. My MPV is Praher TM-22. Unable to find these parts in Amazon. Does other popular brand (Hayward, Pentair) MPV’s parts will fit mine or they are very unique with different sizing?

Attachments

• IMG_6187.jpeg
    IMG_6187.jpeg
    352.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
What is the model number of the MPV?

Look up the parts diagram. See what O rings are on the stem and replace them.

Disassemble it carefully and note exactly how the handle and top are oriented on the spider gasket.

@ajw22 Thanks for the response. I thought, as mentioned above, TM-22 is the model number and Praher is the make. Will I need to look elsewhere if this is not the model number?

I found this info below. Might help you get started. Or just call Inyopools directly for some additional parts guidance.

Reactions: BullishBear
Reactions: BullishBear
@Texas Splash @ajw22 I'm trying INYOPools but there is a lag time on shipping. Meanwhile in today's run, the leak worsened and it was continuously dripping a lot. I went to nearby Leslie's to try my luck but they don't have these parts on hand. When I mentioned about this situation, the Leslie's store guy warned me not to attempt this and was trying to sell the entire MPV mount for $250 and free installation. I came back home and started the drill: Took the mount parts apart; inspected them and found no cracks on O-rings, Gaskets, Spider Gasket had some tears but was decent (based on comparisons found in Youtube, etc.); cleaned them thoroughly; lubed them fairly; put them back in the same order and carefully positioning the handle when inserting back the handle pin. Everything worked like a charm! In the first attempt, there was a small leak in the inflow pipe from pump and I found that the mount had to be slightly turned to make the pipes fit properly inside the unions. The system is running for last 5 hours without any leaks!! Feeling very satisfied doing this myself end-to-end!

Meanwhile, will get the original replacement parts and keep them handy for future use. Thank you!

The system is running for last 5 hours without any leaks!
full

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.