mohammedafwan7

In The Industry
Sep 1, 2021
Riyadh
I just got the hayward sand filter leaking from the clamp. It started recently. I also find the lever of the control valve hard to move around.

Do I replace the control valve, O ring and the clamp? Or is there anything else that I am missing. I have added a video below for understanding the situation.

Regards,
Mohammed Afwan

Attachments

• WhatsApp Video 2021-09-01 at 9.26.07 PM.gif
    WhatsApp Video 2021-09-01 at 9.26.07 PM.gif
    3.2 MB · Views: 25
Greetings and welcome to TFP! :wave: How old is your filter? You might have to lift the valve assembly up and off the filter to inspect the mating surfaces. There may also be a large O-ring in that area designed to seal that valve to the filter body. It might be going bad or perhaps some pool silicone lube (not petroleum jelly) will help.

As Texas said but don't open it till you know where you can grab a gasket or else you'll be without a filter till one gets delivered. If it's a couple of years old do not reuse original O ring gasket. I've seen this before and it was a crack that developed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.