Sand Filter handle position - not on closed?

Scout101

Aug 18, 2015
North Kingstown, RI
So, had the pool guys close my pool yesterday, and went out and took a look this morning (kept an eye on it during closing, all looked normal, but wasn't right up in their business). Noticed that the sand filter is positioned in the "filtration" position and not the "closed" position that it normally is when they close it. Saw them blow everything out, airlock the main drain, etc. so not really worried about that part, but am not sure if I should touch it to move the handle to Closed. Don't want to mess up the existing status. I'd have to put the handle back on the skimmer diverters to check, but imagine that the Main is closed, and the skimmers both are blown out and sealed with gizmos, so don't THINK I can mess it up, but nervous to mess with it.

Move it to Closed, or just leave it alone? Any risk if I screw with the multi-port valve at this stage? Thanks!

Leave the MPV where it is.

The drain plug should be out of the filter. .

If any water leaks into the MPV you want it to flow out and not pool there.

Drain plug is out of the filter, they blew air through all of the jets, airlocked the main drain, removed plugs from filter basket and heater, etc. All as expected. Just left the MPV in the Filtration position. Wanted to make sure there was no harm in just leaving it alone; don't want to have to re-winterize because I screwed with it and broke the air seal somewhere and let water in, etc. But didn't want to leave it if it was going to cause potential harm somewhere.

That's why i check with the experts here :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.