Middle Tennessee
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
We are under construction of a new pool (and house) 🤪 and this pool is quite a bit larger than our last pool. It was about 20,000 gallons and we had a Pentair Triton II TR100 filter and a Pentair Intelliflo pump. We were very happy with both. Hardly ever had to backwash. We are going with the same pump but am needing help with the filter. My pool builder said something about the Pentair Sand Dollar but after reading through several threads here I think that would be undersized for our pool. We could go back to the TR100 or I have looked at the Tagelus TA 100 D. I would appreciate input on these filters and I guess I really don’t have to go with Pentair on the filter if there are other suggestions . Also, if it’s of any consequence, we are using 2” plumbing.

One other question is regarding our liner color. We are leaning towards a darker liner (GLI Midnight Quartz) but this pool will get about 7 or so hours of sun a day. Average depth of our pool is about 5’. Does a darker liner impact the water temperature? I have read “yes it does” and “not really”. Thoughts? And if anyone please has photos of their pool with the Midnight Quartz Liner, I would love to see it!

Appreciate your help!

Yes to as big as you can fit on the equipment pad!

Liner color-My last liner was quite a bit lighter than this one and I cannot tell a difference in the water temp. For me it depends on the amount of rain or hose water added vs a cloudy day. Pick the one you like the best and enjoy!

Thanks! We have plenty of room so I think the Tagelus TA100D might be a good option. Funny, my husband said the same thing about the liner! Midnight Quartz it is. At least when we put it in we will post pics so anyone else looking fo it will be able to see it here!

Reactions: kimkats
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.