Austin TX
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-3)
Hello everyone! We set up our AG pool last July. Everything has gone well with it over the winter, and the water has been clear! I noticed that there was something collecting at the bottom (I assumed it was pollen) around a month ago. But now I'm 99% sure it's sand. I keep running the vacuum, and it looks like it's getting it all, but then it settles down to the bottom again. Could this just be from dirt blowing around in the air and settling in my pool? Or is this likely a malfunction of my sand filter? Other than at set up, I have not backwashed it. at all. I guess question #2 is how often should I be backwashing it?

I appreciate the help! Love this site. I also set up an inflatable hot tub on my back porch and we're loving it!

Attachments

• IMG_2491.jpg
    IMG_2491.jpg
    584.1 KB · Views: 20
I’ll take dead algae over a malfunctioning filter any day ?. Yes, I just tested everything two days ago, but I’ll do an OCLT and report back tomorrow.

I had sand last year. It wasn't a huge amount so I just vacuumed it everyday to get up what the pump had pushed out into the pool that day. I replaced all my laterals this winter with the hope of that being the issue. Set my new pool up and got everything hooked up and running and I still have sand. It's frustrating. I think I'd rather mine have been dead algae too! I know how to fix that LOL Good luck with everything.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I’m so sorry! I thought they were linked to my profile from the app! No wonder... thank you.

Attachments

• 6F2B4974-901A-4DD1-8283-83445B5DED38.png
    6F2B4974-901A-4DD1-8283-83445B5DED38.png
    60.1 KB · Views: 9
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.