Sams Club Powder Chlorine

Disregard this until I can verify the shallow end depth, I never checked it and I believe its 4ft deep not 3ft, I will let you know

The pool is an average of 8 1/2 feet deep? Are you sure?
My bad, I didn't see that you average the depth, I though you just put in the depth, so the pool is only 8.5' deep in its deepest end, I thought it was 10'

So 8.5+3=11.5/2= 5.75 average depth so 32,000 gals

Attachments

• pool.JPG
    pool.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
So I am doing some research on different SWCG that are currently on the market, I am seeing this one
Hayward Goldline PL-PLUS AquaPlus All-in-One Control and Salt Chlorination System

anyone have any experience with this brand, is it any better than the Circupool referenced here

Hayward is a major brand. It is only rated for a 40K pool, so you will need to run it 24 hours per day at nearly 100% setting during the summer.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Looks like right now you can buy an RJ-45 and upgrade to an RJ-60 for an additional $1.

IIRC, the RJ series used a lower ppm of salt than the SJ series. And the RJ reports salinity as a specific ppm versus the SJ reporting it as a range.

chavezone -- you have not posted a full set of test results. I want to be sure your CH is not high before you go all the way here and add salt, etc. If your CH is above about 600 ppm, you may need a full drain and refill first. Our 250 ppm CH fill water and evaporation drives the CH up quickly.

I'm not seeing much benefit in paying an extra $400 for 5k more gallons of treatment
There are differences between the SJ and RJ models. One is the flow switch. You might want to call them to fully understand the differences.

So this calculator says my pool is about 31k gals, btw it asks for 2 depths so it automatically calculates the average depth
i guess my take away was that it was all about averages and not exact numbers since our pools aren't 'common' sizes. mine is not free form, but it's a weird kidney. I'd always used the figure of 25k gallons, but once I got involved in this TFP process, I wanted a more definitive number. Others, much smarter than me, have several different ways to calculate - none of which I'm qualified to complete ;)

Cost per ounce of chlorine generation is good and replacement cells are reasonably priced. Forum members have reported good customer service and longevity/reliability of the SWCG's. An employee of Circupool is also a forum member and responds to issues posted on the forum promptly.

Great! Can you post up a full set of test results?
FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA

FYI -- you cannot measure a CYA of 45. The vial is logarithmic. Next time, try this:
Once you have your solution ready, back to the sun, etc. Fill the vial to a line, say 80, lower the vial to your waist level and glance for the dot, you see it, add solution to the 70 line, glance, see it, repeat until you no longer see it with a glance. Then use the CYA value one step above the line you read. So if you stopped at 50, use 60 ppm CYA.

The vial is in logarithmic scale. So it is not viable to interpolate between the lines. Just use the whole numbers, such as 50, 40, 30, ....
Ok here it goes

FC 2.0
CC. 2.0
pH. 7.5
TA. 90
CH. 850
CYA. 50

Let me know what you think

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.