Salutations

James Murphy

In The Industry
Feb 13, 2020
Redlands, CA
Hello TFP forum.

I'm James. Long time reader, figured I'd actually get in on this forum for the occasional discussion.

I'm not a pool owner, but I've been working in the industry for about 2 years. Not here to promote myself, business or service, so I'm going to go ahead and not include where I work, but it's a service/supply shop located in Southern California.

After my "introduction" to pool chemistry via BioLab "training," I decided to actually inform myself about pool chemistry to better serve my clientele. I spent my down-time at work reading TFP guides, chemistry posts, and scientific articles for my first few months of employment, and rapidly came to the conclusion that there is a lot of misinformation in the industry, and that this forum is a genuinely good source of pooled information.

While I know my sales numbers would probably be higher if I didn't care about what the water is actually doing and just sold for symptomatic relief, the clients I work with love me for keeping their pools clean and more-or-less free of issues using a well-informed stance on pool chemistry and maintenance.

I've spearheaded a lower CYA procedure here, and keep people informed about the CYA/Chlorine chart, and how our water test system is inadequate for an actual healthy pool.

Just wanted to bounce some in-depth chem stuff off the forum.

Cheers!