Saltwater Pool in N. Texas? OR Chlorine w/ UV Sanitizer....

I am installing a Jandy AquaPure 1400 for my 15k gal pool. The electrical is very minimum to do. If you remove your UV system it may require a little plumbing modification. I will have the SWCG connected to the iAquaLink Automation.

Currently my salt level is 2800ppm and that is just via using liquid chlorine (which has salt in it) and I have not had any issues with Texas flagstone.

It is best to go SWCG - good luck.
Our Pool: 15,000 galons Spa: 778 galons

Current Equipment in contract:
Filter System: Jandy CL580 Cartridge Filter Pool Pump (s): Jandy VSSHP 2.7 E Pump; Jandy 1.65 Electronic Controls: Aqualink RS6 with web smart phone connectivity Sanitization Equipment: In line Chlorinator; Paramount ultra UV sanitation Heater: Jandy JXI 400nk natural gas Air Blower: Jandy 2hp Pool

Pool: 15,000 galons Spa: 778 galons

Filter System: Jandy CL580 Cartridge Filter Pool Pump (s): Jandy VSSHP 2.7 E Pump; Jandy 1.65 Electronic Controls: Aqualink RS6 with web smart phone connectivity Sanitization Equipment: In line Chlorinator; Paramount ultra UV sanitation Heater: Jandy JXI 400nk natural gas Air Blower: Jandy 2hp Pool
Then I would go with the aquapure 1400 like @HermanTX . It should yield u plenty of wiggle room with fc & hopefully live quite a while for u if cared for properly.
Make sure u get that one as it’s the largest, you will need it with your long season & texas heat/uv.
builders love to put in undersized swg’s to help their bottom line so u may have to be adamant.

Our Pool: 15,000 galons Spa: 778 galons

The AquaPure 1400 will work and link up to your Automation (RS-6)

Reactions: Mdragger88
Texas builders like to blame SWG for the low quality flagstone issues many there experience. It's not the SWG, it's the flagstone.
I think this has some merit. Most PB (at least in DFW) use Oklahoma flagstone, it is what we had in our last pool. That stuff is super flaky. Ours deteriorated and flaked off in the pool constantly (per my previous post we did not have a SWG so that was not the cause). We have travertine on our current pool and wish we had done the same on the last one.

@TexasMom77 In the winter you may have to supplement with some liquid chlorine but we are talking a pretty minimal amount and for a short period of time. Not sure about Jandy but my Pentair SWG works to 52 degrees. We do not have an extended period of time where daytime temps will be below this. Plus the chlorine need will be really low during the winter. Even on my pool that did not have a SWG I only added chlorine once every couple of weeks during the winter. It beats the heck out of adding it every day during the summer! I run my pump 12 hours a day and my SWG is set to 25-30% in the summer depending on how much sun we get. It is really amazing how much easier it is. It was a $900 cost difference for us to drop the mineral system that was in our PB standard package and add a SWG. It should be similar for removing a UV system.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.