Silver Supporter
Aug 5, 2020
Katy
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Good evening. Is it ok to put water softener salt in the pool? Or does it have to be specifically “pool salt”?

"Pool" salt has much finer granules than water softener salt, so it's easier to dissolve. I think that's all you're paying extra for.
It also has the word ‘pool’ on the label so by law they have to charge more. The same goes for anything ‘marine’. :laughblue:

I absolutely LOVE salt though. Even when it’s the expensive one it’s at most $2 a bag more and you only need 6-14 bags. I’m always happy as a clam buying the expensive ones that are in front of me instead of going to a second store to save $10.

It also has the word ‘pool’ on the label so by law they have to charge more. The same goes for anything ‘marine’. :laughblue:

I absolutely LOVE salt though. Even when it’s the expensive one it’s at most $2 a bag more and you only need 6-14 bags. I’m always happy as a clam buying the expensive ones that are in front of me instead of going to a second store to save $10.
Oh I agree 1000% about paying more versus driving to a second to third store. However, if I can save some money while at one store and buying water softener salt then that’s a win also.

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.