Salt Water System Installation

Apr 7, 2011
Cleveland, TN
I have a 20k gal vinyl pool with a Pentair Superflo VS pump. Looking at Circupool RJ45-45 Plus, Hayward AQR15, or Pureline PL7707. Any strong recommendations? Any insight as to when there are the best end of season prices? I would like to avoid adding a timer (I use the one built into the pump) and it sounds like there is risk on depending just on the flow switch. The pump has a 5V output. Has anyone hooked it up to a relay to power the salt water system?

H,

I believe that the five volts out of the pump is there anytime the pump has power, not just when the motor is running.. Since the SuperFlo is connected to constant AC power, I don't believe that it will replace the need for someway to tell when the pump is running..

How many gallons is your pool? For a SWCG system to work well, it needs to be rated for 2 x the volume of the pool.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.