Salt Water Generator question for rookie

Drewtw00

Apr 2, 2020
California
Hello, I am trying to learn a few things. I have a Hayward Aqua Plus with a T-15 cell. The whole system is about 4.5 yrs old, and I've only owned the house for about 6 months. So I'm pretty new to things. I recently was getting the "check sytem" and "low salt" reading. I ignored it though the winter, but as we warmed up over the past month I tested the salt, and also took it in to be tested. It was a little low, so added two bags and cleaned the generator, and the alert went away. I am now at 3100ppm. All is good, except I noticed I keep getting a the chlorinator off, percentage met pretty quickly after the pool turns on. Pretty much with in 30 minutes of turning on. I have it set at 65% and the pump is running for 9hr. From what I've read on this forum is that the SWG cycle is 180 minutes, of which it should run for 65% of that time, correct? We recently just got a cold April storm this week that cooled things off considerably, so the water is about 60F now. I think it shuts off below 50F, but would the lower temp at 60F affect the chlorinator shutting off earlier then normal? If anyone can give me some good info on this it would be much appreciated. I've attempted to contact Hayward twice but was on hold for an hour both times before I gave up. Thought I'd reach out here. Thanks so much!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.