Salt water chlorine generator for spas? Experiences?

Aug 18, 2015
Dubois,PA
Hi,
We’ve owned our spa for about 4 years now. With the exception of the free spa frog kit that came with the spa when we bought it, I’ve always used the 3 step bromine method to sanitize and for the most part have had very little issues. I’ve recently seen the salt water chlorine generators for sale online. Specifically the one I’ve been looking at is the Saltron Mini. I like the sound of reduced chemical usage and better feeling water. But before I buy into the promises I figured I’d check and see if anyone on here has some real world experiences converting their spa to salt water and using this product. They claim the salt level is kept low enough that corrosion or other problems aren’t an issue. Any truth to this? Thanks to anyone who can share their experiences with me!

We have quite a few people here using saltron mini in spas, including at least one Expert and one Mod. From everything ive seen they work great.

Have you seen this article?

Reactions: noobwithatub
noob,

I have a standalone spa with the Saltron Mini.. I have an easy-to-care-for saltwater pool and it only made sense to make the spa saltwater also..

Pretty cheap to buy.. My first cell lasted about two years. I think it cost about $100 bucks for a replacement cell..

I love it and would do it again.. For the most part I run the Mini and add MA to reduce the pH every now and again.. I don't don't normally do anything else other than test and open the lid for an hour 2 or 3 times a week..

That said, I have a small 200 gallon, 3 person spa. Just the wife and I and although it gets used almost every night, it is just for 30 to 45 minutes. So a pretty light bather load.. When we are done, I just throw the cell in and put the lid back on.. It runs about 5 hours a night.

Here are a couple of pics..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: noobwithatub
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.