Las Vegas, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Currently about to have the pool constructed, along with new patio and hardscaping. My question is this, I live in Las Vegas where it get really hot in the summer, 110 plus. I've was originally going with travertine, but I have now started looking into Marbella/Shellstone since it stays much cooler than any other type of material that I can see. This would be used for pool coping and surrounding are including a small 12x12 raised patio.

Since Marbella/Shellstone is basically a natural stone made of fossilized coral and shells, it should be resistant to a salt water pool, right?

Welcome to the forum!
The very low salinity level in a pool with a SWCG is not harmful to any decking/coping product.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.
Thanks. It's just that I have heard some people mention staining and wearing of different materials with a SWG. This marbella/shellstone is not that common, I know since I did a lot of searching before posting this question.

Have you read on this forum that members have shown damage / staining from a saltwater pool?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.