Salt levels

Oct 13, 2018
Windsor
I have a new pool as of this spring so I am new to all of this. Hoping I can get some help with my salt levels. The Hayward aqua rite shows 3200 after I do a recalibration test to confirm the number, it keeps stopping on that number. I tested 3 times with the aqua check salt test strips and it is saying I am at 2600.
Any suggestions? I don’t want to have too much salt if I add more, but 2600 is the bare minimum for the unit so I would be running with too little salt.

thanks!

Both test strips and SWG readings are notoriously inaccurate and, frankly, I wouldn’t believe either number. The best test kit for salt is the Taylor K-1766. If you really want to know what your salt level is, then that’s the way to do it.

Hey B and belated Welcome !! Does the unit function ok ? That’s all you need to really be concerned about. As long as it’s happy you are fine. All of the salt tests leave some to be desired regarding accuracy. The onboard unit is the least accurate, followed by test strips and pool stores, and the closest is the Taylor 1766 drop kit but even that is +/- 200 ppm which could make a difference if you are actually 3000ppm.

Yes everything is working perfectly. I’ve had crystal clear water all summer so far. Swg is making chlorine no problem. Just wasn’t sure what number I should be going off of as one is perfect, the other is very low.

Then let it be. This is one of those ‘if it ain’t broke’ times. Way too many people chase a problem that isn’t there and create an actual problem that needs draining to fix. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.