Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
New pool . Running for 2 wks.
Have a OmniLogic PL. SWG is a Hayward t-cell 15.
Omni logic show salt available to be 3200.
Pool store analysis shows 2685.
This is the second water sample I have had done . Both sample shows OmniLogic reading about 600 lower than pool store.
How accurate has anyone else seen the OmniLogic salt cell reading in there pool.
would like to get to the magic 3200 . Would you put in more salt?
Pool store says 3 more bags to my 34000 gallon pool.

Hi there Senor Smuggler, welcome to TFP :wave:

Please obtain the Taylor K-1766 Salt Test Kit. I never trust the device to be accurate and only base my additions of salt on that test.

If your device *IS* making chlorine and the pool is looking great, I wouldn't worry about it yet. Is the device giving you a "low salt reading"??

You should NEVER go to a pool store for water tests. They just exist to sell you something. Get your own test kit and learn the TFP methods.
TF_100 is my preferred kit, but others like the Taylor K-2006C too.

You have a large pool... we'll help you keep it sanitary and sparkling!

Maddie ✌️

Well I do have a Taylor k2005 salt water kit . My test show much closer to what the Omni is reading.
I’m obviously making chlorine , free chlorine is reading about 6.
just interested to know what anyone using a similar set up thinks about the accuracy of the readings.

While I do test my salt with the Taylor test kit, I have stopped adjusting the level from what numbers I get. My SWCG seems to always show 200-400 PPM higher and while I dismissed this initially...once I added salt (when my test numbers started to show on the low end) my SWCG started flashing "high salt" warning. Not a huge deal since it was still producing, but had I hit a number that was TOO HIGH for the SWCG then I am to assume it may have stopped producing. So, while I do still test the salt on occasion, I don't really mess with it unless I start getting low salt warnings on the SWCG.

Of course, YMMV but just my cautionary tale.

Hey Elpollero and Welcome. The order of accuracy for salt is as follows.

1). Taylor K—1766
2). SWG / sensor
3) pool store.

Regardless that the Taylor kit knows better, you have to listen to the cell like said above. You can be right all day and still not win the argument with the SWG. So use the K-1766 kit to get close enough to make the cell happy. After that, ignorance is bliss so long as the cell is producing. The cell uses conductivity for its reading and that changes with water temperature. If you adjust to be more perfect today, you may be further off next week. Or late tonight.

With all your rain it will be an occasional low situation and never a high situation unless you overshoot.

Reactions: HeyEng
So if I’m hearing right, feed salt to the pool until the swg has a happy number and is making enough chlorine to keep the pool sanitized. Quit chasing the numbers and for sure quit visiting the pool store

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So if I’m hearing right, feed salt to the pool until the swg has a happy number and is making enough chlorine to keep the pool sanitized. Quit chasing the numbers and for sure quit visiting the pool store
Holy cow...if only EVERYBODY got it as easily as you did.

Never mind...if that happened,this website would fold up like a giant circus tent from inactivity.

• Love
Reactions: Newdude
New test results from when I got home tonight.
Using a Taylor k-2006 and Taylor k-1004 for test results

Attachments

• 5B3F90B4-DFC6-4CF0-B10C-948BE51A2540.jpeg
    5B3F90B4-DFC6-4CF0-B10C-948BE51A2540.jpeg
    115.7 KB · Views: 3
No, add salt only when the SALT TEST says you're low.... and if the device is making chlorine ignore any worries and leave it along no matter if it says "low salt" or "high salt".

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.