Salt generator issue

caz393

Aug 3, 2022
Florida
Hi everyone. I have a pool pilot nano generator that was supposedly put in a year ago. I am getting a check flow error. I have done everything the manual and what online research recommends and still get the error. All chemicals are at the required/recommended levels including the salt(3200 ppm). Made contact with the manufacturer who said to check continuity of the cables. When I run a test in the menu I get a different reading of the salt level(3000). It also reads 0 volts and .2 amps. The only fuse I see is fine. This leads me to believe the power supply is shot. Does anyone have any ideas as what to check now? Would I do a continuity check on both the flow sensor and the cell and is there a way to check the power supply itself

I am not familiar with that salt system but a few thoughts. Is the flow switch built in the cell or separate? Thats where I would start. Check that the wires are intact. I am not sure how to test the actual switch but thats where the manufacturer could guide you. 0 volts and .2 amps means the cell isnt producing any FC which is due to the no flow condition I'm sure. When you say power supply do you mean the control box? Because if thats what you mean its not shot, its just not providing current to the cell due to the no flow warning. If thats not what you mean, you could use a multimeter to verify current running to the controller. In any case, the cell will never produce if the system thinks there is low/no flow so thats where you need to start.

caz,

You either have good flow or not. Flow has nothing to do with your salt level or chemicals or power supplies.

If you can feel a good flow of water coming back to your pool, then most likely there is a failure with the way your system measures flow. It could be as simple as the flow switch is bad. (I have no experience with your specific SWCG).

If the flow of water back to your pool feels weak, then most likely your filter is dirty. If you have a VS pump, it could be that you just need to increase the pumps speed.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I have a pool pilot system and I started the year with a check flow error this year. I disassembled the manifold and the sensor looked fine. I soaked the trisensor in vinegar over night and the next day I reassembled and it worked fine.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.