Ventura, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
My PB wants to sell me Aqua Salt at 19.75 a bag, he says I need 18 40 lb bags of it. I checked online and it is a top
recommended pool salt. Home Depot sells the morton professional pool salt and diamond crystal splash ready pool salt. Both Morton and Diamond are half the price. What do you all think I should do? I want what is best for my brand new pool.

Salt is salt, and he's trying to sell you 18 bags of tidy profit.

The problem you have though is that your PB may be the gatekeeper between you and any warranty claims. There is absolutely no justification for not using regular pool salt (except arguably Chlorox brand), but that won't help you if they turn around and try to blame (completely unreasonably) the choice of salt for any issues that arise with the plaster, staining etc..

In the big scheme of things $250 excess, likely in the scope of what is already a very large bill.

It's up to you what to do. I would clarify with the PB whether they are merely recommending that product (and you're free to make your own decision), or if they're saying that use of anything except that product would cause them to disown the pool.

My PB wants to sell me Aqua Salt at 19.75 a bag, he says I need 18 40 lb bags of it. I checked online and it is a top
recommended pool salt. Home Depot sells the morton professional pool salt and diamond crystal splash ready pool salt. Both Morton and Diamond are half the price. What do you all think I should do? I want what is best for my brand new pool.

That’s crazy expensive!

Personally, I don’t like the Aqua Salt brand. It claims to have “stain fighters”, but no one, including the manufacturer, could tell me what is added. Also, the few bags I tried were very dirty. A whole bunch of scum floated up when I added the salt. Yuck!

I and many others here use this with great success. It’s a fraction of the price you quoted. It’s not ground as fine as “pool salt”, so it takes a little longer to dissolve; no big deal. Also, there are no additives and isn’t near as dirty as some “pool salts” I have tried.

Here’s a link for a Home Depot in your area;

Reactions: Justin56
That’s crazy expensive!

Personally, I don’t like the Aqua Salt brand. It claims to have “stain fighters”, but no one, including the manufacturer, could tell me what is added. Also, the few bags I tried were very dirty. A whole bunch of scum floated up when I added the salt. Yuck!

I and many others here use this with great success. It’s a fraction of the price you quoted. It’s not ground as fine as “pool salt”, so it takes a little longer to dissolve; no big deal. Also, there are no additives and isn’t near as dirty as some “pool salts” I have tried.

Here’s a link for a Home Depot in your area;

Thank you so much!!!!!

Reactions: Saturn94
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.