Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
Hi everyone, I’m converting my pool to SWG, salinity level is now 2900 ppm
My question is, does chlorine generators loose performance when salinity level is on low side(minimum) circupool recommends 3500ppm to be ideal.
The system works fine with 2900 ppm and doesn’t give me a low salt warning

Is there slightly less FC generated with lower salinity? -- Yes. But in the overall scheme of things, it is inconsequential.

Reactions: proavia
From my experience, once you get it set right it pretty much runs itself. I use about two to three gallons of acid a year. And I use a dash of liquid chlorine if we have a kid party.
For the record, I use borates. After you settle in with your SWG you may consider going that route down the road.

My RJ60 ran just “ok” at 2800-2900 salinity until I got just a little scale - then it nosedived. I was intending to add salt but never got around to it.

If I were you, I’d bump it up just a touch to make sure you don’t walk out to a low salt warning and no generation when you least expect it.

Reactions: markayash
Thanks for advice
I already bumped it up to 3200 and it works great
So far I keep gradually reducing chlorine generation , it keeps 7.5 after 2 -3 days
I want to keep it 3 to 5. Rj 60 is an amazing product I love it.

From my experience, once you get it set right it pretty much runs itself. I use about two to three gallons of acid a year. And I use a dash of liquid chlorine if we have a kid party.
For the record, I use borates. After you settle in with your SWG you may consider going that route down the road.
Borates helped my PH from swinging as fast I think. Once I got my TA down to around 60 I added a few boxes or borax and adjusted back with acid and it’s been fairly stable.
Will creep up to 8.2 if I leave it alone 3 or 4 weeks but even then water is still crystal clear. I just add a country little and it’s good to go.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
an’t you bump up your chlorine generator instead of adding liquid chlorine after pool party or something?
Sure, or even BEFORE!!! (Better early than late...) My pool is covered and my SWCG is set at 15%. If I have people coming, when I take the cover off, I bump my SWCG to 50%. Party away. At the end of the day, it is still the same FC level as my last test. It is all about learning your pool's FC consumption with various factors Factors: amount of time cover on/off, number of swimmers, amount of sun, month of the year. I've learned my pool and can predict, 1.5ppm to 5.5ppm FC demand depending on the factors.

Reactions: markayash
Thanks for advice
I already bumped it up to 3200 and it works great
So far I keep gradually reducing chlorine generation , it keeps 7.5 after 2 -3 days
I want to keep it 3 to 5. Rj 60 is an amazing product I love it.
You don’t share pool logs, so no idea what’s in your water. But 3 to 5 could be the bare minimum based on CYA. It doesn’t leave much room for error, higher load, etc when you run close to minimum. Can end up with algae and SLAM gets more expensive and harder to pull off at typical SWCG CYA levels.

If you’re worried that FC is “too high” - it’s not typically true or something to worry about.

Also I don’t know how to use and share pool logs
Please teach me
You are sharing your Poolmath logs. Touch your member name.
You are not saving your test data in Poolmath. Use the + sign, select Log Test Results, then touch the check mark in upper right to save.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.