Gold Supporter
Jun 9, 2018
Walton, KY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
How about the white fence sections that attach to an above ground pool? Any comments/suggestions/sources for that? We have a low side that we backfilled against that needs to be protected. Some of it is now secured by our deck but we still have a low section that we need to protect. I show pics of it in my build thread (link in my signature).

Thanks in advance!
Alyssa

Our pool store had a white metal fence available, but we did this Protect-A-Pool Fence in tan and are very happy with it (our pool is taupe/sand/beige/whatever they're calling it this year).

My husband installed it over a couple of days - lots of fussy cuts to get it just right, but he said it wasn't too bad. He did say to be sure you know the distance you want it out from the edge of the pool - we started with it too far out, and our daughter could climb through the gap - oops. Now we have a decent gap for reaching through to vac, add chemicals, catch toys, etc, but not enough for a neighbor kid to get in.

Once you get a few panels up and are happy with the placement, start screwing them in (but "measure and cut as you go, don't cut all at once," he says). They'll sit there and look pretty without screws, but a big wind (our back yard is a wind tunnel) will take them down.

He bought stainless steel screws instead of using the screws that came with it - same size. Ace and Home Depot both had them, so they're easy to find and they don't strip like the cheaper ones.

Finally, make sure to get the the base kit plus as many extra sections as you need. The base kit has end posts without holes for a finished look.

Doheny's has the white version on their website, but we went through amazon for the tan. I don't remember why - price or shipping speed maybe? I know there was a reason because I researched fences pretty hard before we ordered, and they still shipped from Dohenys.

My favorite thing about the fence is not having to get out of the pool to chase toys and balls. :p

Our pool store had a white metal fence available, but we did this Protect-A-Pool Fence in tan and are very happy with it (our pool is taupe/sand/beige/whatever they're calling it this year).

My husband installed it over a couple of days - lots of fussy cuts to get it just right, but he said it wasn't too bad. He did say to be sure you know the distance you want it out from the edge of the pool - we started with it too far out, and our daughter could climb through the gap - oops. Now we have a decent gap for reaching through to vac, add chemicals, catch toys, etc, but not enough for a neighbor kid to get in.

Once you get a few panels up and are happy with the placement, start screwing them in (but "measure and cut as you go, don't cut all at once," he says). They'll sit there and look pretty without screws, but a big wind (our back yard is a wind tunnel) will take them down.

He bought stainless steel screws instead of using the screws that came with it - same size. Ace and Home Depot both had them, so they're easy to find and they don't strip like the cheaper ones.

Finally, make sure to get the the base kit plus as many extra sections as you need. The base kit has end posts without holes for a finished look.

Doheny's has the white version on their website, but we went through amazon for the tan. I don't remember why - price or shipping speed maybe? I know there was a reason because I researched fences pretty hard before we ordered, and they still shipped from Dohenys.

My favorite thing about the fence is not having to get out of the pool to chase toys and balls. :p

I have been looking at this type of fence. My pool is an Intex so I’m not sure it would work. What is your opinion?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.