Safety Cover Questions in Arizona

Prissy1

May 27, 2020
Tucson
Hi All,
I am looking into getting a safety cover to help with extending our pool season and cutting down on cost of running the pool year round. I live in Arizona and I am concerned about the hard water build up if the water just sits through the winter without brushing the walls down. Does anyone have experience or advice for having this kind of cover in Arizona? Do you uncover the pool every so often to scrub the sides down?

We have an in-ground pool with Pebble Tech and auto clean valves. Any advise would be appreciated. TY

My water does not get anywhere near cold enough to put a cover on it over the winter. Yours in Tucson might for a few weeks.

Maybe Matt can help as he lives in Tucson.

Brushing the walls has no direct connection to scale on the walls. That is all about water chemistry.

Hi All,
I am looking into getting a safety cover to help with extending our pool season and cutting down on cost of running the pool year round. I live in Arizona and I am concerned about the hard water build up if the water just sits through the winter without brushing the walls down. Does anyone have experience or advice for having this kind of cover in Arizona? Do you uncover the pool every so often to scrub the sides down?

We have an in-ground pool with Pebble Tech and auto clean valves. Any advise would be appreciated. TY

I'm not in AZ, but i had very, very hard water last year before I did an exchange. I made sure my CSI was good before closing for the winter and didn't have a problem.
Why would a cover exacerbate scaling?

I don’t understand your requirements - are you covering your pool because you want to close it over the winter or are you covering the pool to keep the heat in?

If you could fill out your signature with your pools details (equipment, size, shape, volume, etc), that would help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.