Safety Bracelets for Kids. Do They Work?

Jun 30, 2018
St. George/UT
Has anyone tried those bracelets you put on kids wrists that alert you when they enter water? We just finished an uncovered pool. All of our kids are swimmers but occasionally I watch younger kids and my sister has plans to stay at our house with her 3 young boys. I'm trying to decide the best action to ensure safety. Thanks!
***Edit*** Please don't comment about bracelets not being as safe as kid supervision or installing a pool cover. I realize that. I am just simply asking if anyone has purchased the arm band alarms and what they think of them. Thank you.

Last edited:
I think the bracelets will give a false sense of security. There is no substitute for having the pool fenced off or having eyes on kids at all times they have access to the pool.

You could also get a simple cheap IP camera. Watch pool over phone and know who is in or not. But still, having kids is a responsibility and you have to be there when they are inside to matter what and no matter how good of a swimmers they are.

Best action for safety especially with kids, be there or have some old enough to be responsible for them.

We will always be there and would never leave them unsupervised. But with 3 active little boys going 3 different directions, it can be difficult to have eyes on them every minute of every day so I am looking for something to help give us a little piece of mind so that their entire stay isn't ridden with anxiety.

I think the bracelets will give a false sense of security. There is no substitute for having the pool fenced off or having eyes on kids at all times they have access to the pool.

I realize it's not the safest thing we could do and a pool cover or fence would be safer. I'm not sure we want to install a fence just for the few times a year I might have some young kids staying at my house so I am looking for another line of protection in addition to watching them like a hawk. Anyone with kids knows that 3 small boys is very hard to watch every minute of every day.

The reviews I have read on the bracelets are that they tend to be TOO sensitive.
If the kid splashes water on it washing their hands, or doing ANYTHING else that has to do with water... even if they sweat enough, they tend to go off.
I do not have any first hand experience with them however.

Reactions: shannnon
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.