Tipp City Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Long story short - My pool is still being installed and I have no equipment hooked up yet. I'm manually scrubbing the pool with a brush and utilizing a dolphin daily to try to keep things relatively clean. I have cottonwood trees in my area and tis the season. Above my water line, the fiberglass has become very sticky with residue. I'm wondering what cleaning chemicals and scrubber would allow me to take that gunk off without damaging the gel coat? I didn't know if a scotch pad would be too abrasive? Also unsure of what cleaning agents to consider so any tips would be greatly appreciated.

A Magic Eraser is quite popular. For chemicals, you can use a bleach-to-water mixture at about halve & half ratio if you think it will help. If you had to polish the gelcoat, any number of polishing compounds should work well. Always test a small discrete area and let it dry to ensure you are happy with the results.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.