S300 was delivered today and it doesn't work

swan771

May 2, 2019
Palo Cedro, CA
Ordered my S300 from marina and it was delivered today. I was so excited to finally be able to clean the pool as we are at the 30+ day mark and having our first pool party on Friday. Well, it ran for 15 minutes and stopped. In the app it tells me there is a servo overload error and gives me the option to reset robot. I have tried resetting. Powering down and waiting doesn't work. I called marina and they "placed a ticket with Maytronics" and we have to wait and see what they say. I am furious. Waste of $850 and my pool is all sandy for the party. Awesome.

• Wow
Reactions: markayash
Huh? What is their return policy? I'd return as doa. No way I'd wait for that to be repaired. If they balk send it back and complain to your credit card company.

Reactions: mickey4paws
Huh? What is their return policy? I'd return as doa. No way I'd wait for that to be repaired. If they balk send it back and complain to your credit card company.
Yes, it is very frustrating. She had the technician call me and he is submitting a ticket to Mayotronics. I would think they would just send me a replacement. After powering it down for an hour, opening the filter basket, replacing the filter basket, and turning back on I was able to get it to run. Well for the last hour it has just gone back and forth over the same 12" wide stretch of the pool. That one spot is really clean, but it won't navigate at all. Clearly a defective unit.

Announcing a customer service issue on this forum really doesn't help anyone very much. OP, you will surely get better, more attentive service if you contact them directly and give them every opportunity to work with you. TFP sees VERY little issues with Marina and they more often get glowing reports.

To others who are not involved, give Marina a chance to handle the issue and satisfy their customer (not in public). There is always 2 sides to every story and most reasonable people can work it out quickly and privately, given the chance.

Rule #4 of forum rules....
No strongly positive or negative posts about a product or company are permitted from members with little involvement on the forum. We simply cannot determine the accuracy of your post. Further, any post for the sole reason of defaming another party or presenting only your side of a disagreement will be deleted without notice.

I am gonna let this thread stand for now but the rule was written with good reason. Privately, let the two parties have an opportunity to solve their issues........my bet is they can do it.

@Leebo can you provide a bit more leverage?
No. TFP HAS no leverage at Marina.....they happen to be a vendor who apparently provides pretty good service and pricing to their customers. The good reports you read on this forum are from members and unrelated to TFP as an entity.

Not having a robot is no excuse for a dirty pool for a party. Get your vac hose out and do it the old fashioned way. If you don’t have one, get one, not expensive, not hard to do. Robots are a convenience, not a requirement.

No. TFP HAS no leverage at Marina.....they happen to be a vendor who apparently provides pretty good service and pricing to their customers. The good reports you read on this forum are from members and unrelated to TFP as an entity.
My bad, I thought because of the discount code received for Maytronics when becoming a sponsor on here that there was an arrangement.

My bad, I thought because of the discount code received for Maytronics when becoming a sponsor on here that there was an arrangement.

What discount code?

To the OP, I would call Marina ask to speak to Margaret from the forums here and I would be surprised if she didn't just send you a new one. There is probably something wrong with yours from the factory. It does happen.

I am sure Margaret will make it right. If your story is correct that is.

What is the temp of your water? There was a run of dolphins that would not work very long if the pool water was too warm. They required some kind of update which solved the issue.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
In my experience dealing with Marina has been great. Similar situation as you, was disappointed with the S200 I ordered. Marina helped resolve swiftly. Would never buy a maytronics product again but very happy with Marina’s support.

Sorry for the delay in the update, getting the kids back to school has been crazy. Mayotronics drop-shipped us a replacement once the return was received at FedEx last week and we should have a replacement this week. If this one does not work I am just going to buy a zodiac through our PB. For the record, I was not upset with Marina at all but the hoops Mayotronics requires. Receiving a brand new $850 item that clearly needed a software update or something is really irritating. Especially given that a little internet research shows this is a known issue in the last few months. Poor quality control is on Mayotronics and creates a huge hassle for the retailer, consumer, etc and not to mention a waste of resources to ship things back and forth. Hopefully, the new one will work when it arrives :). For the "no excuses poster" yes- I went out and bought a manual vacuum, an expense I was not anticipating and spent 3 hours cleaning the pool before the party, a hassle I was not expecting during an already hectic week since I had dropped $850 for the convenience of a robot. As far as pool temp, it was sitting at about 83-85 degrees last week so I don't think it was a temp issue.
I am sorry if sharing my experience with my robot was a violation of forum rules. Peace!

Thanks for the update and here is hoping the new unit works properly.
Your three hour pool hand vacuum experience was life's way of helping you realize how much time your new robot saves you. :wink:

Thanks for the update and here is hoping the new unit works properly.
Your three hour pool hand vacuum experience was life's way of helping you realize how much time your new robot saves you. :wink:
Right? It was clean for the party but after 13 kids got in an out, running across the grass even after being told not to its a mess again. FedEx sent me a text alert my package is out for delivery today. Thank GOD!

I'll bet they had a blast, nice.
Nothing better... then worse than the joy of admiring at a just cleaned pool using only a hand vac then waking up to see debris on the bottom the very next day. :brickwall:
The realization that with a robot that you can clean the pool whenever you desire, takes some getting used to. I still catch myself watching it do its magic but with a drink in my hand now. :epds:
Looking at your clean pool especially at night with the pool light on, priceless.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.